The County Manager, Frank Heath, serves as the chief executive officer of County government. He is appointed by and responsible to the Board of County Commissioners.
What This Department Does
- Administers the day-to-day operations of County government
- Monitors and evaluates County government activities
- Recommends an annual budget
- Oversees all County expenditures
- Coordinates the work of County agencies
- Represents the County in dealings with other governmental units and agencies
- Administers franchises, such as cable television
- Works to ensure that the policies and guidelines mandated by both federal and North Carolina state statutes are implemented
- Performs other duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners
The County Manager's office is located in the Historic Perquimans County Courthouse at 128 N. Church Street, Hertford, NC 27944.
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.